I can’t have you all thinking that I’ve fallen off the face of the earth, and while I’ve been hoping to bring you that story from the AF News Service, it hasn’t been published yet. That being said, MFF it is! Proof that I’m still alive and kicking, although busier than ever!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? I honestly can’t say much, but I would like to do without the craziness that seems to be mandatory when the school year starts. I’ve been flooded with work, administrative tasks, IEPs to write, etc. It’s daunting and it hasn’t left me with much down time. If there was a way to make it more manageable and put more hours in my day, I would!
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in August? Having a long-lost wingman from BMT and tech out here for a mutual wingman’s wedding. It was great to see her and we had an amazing weekend bombing around!
3. What did you do to celebrate Labor Day? What else? I labored. I used that day to pack up the living room and dining room in preparation for our move. I really wasn’t feeling up for gatherings.
4. What do you HAVE to have handy by your bedside? My cell phone, my iPad, and a water bottle. Lip balm of some variety is also a necessity, as well as glasses.
5. What are you looking forward to in September? Being done with this move, done with paying rent, and done with our rental home! That’s the biggest to-do in September that is completely consuming me right now. I’m hoping for a smooth closing, although we’re hitting bumps in the road that are out of our control. I’m not the praying type, but I’m praying that it all comes together and the stars align. In the mean time, I’m wiped out between working, putting in extra hours [always working at those financial goals!], and packing. I’ve had to scrap my running schedule because there’s just not enough hours or energy in my day. I’m looking forward to regaining some normalcy in a new setting. Ooh…I’m also looking forward to officially being a 5-level Personnelist on the 14th of this month, followed by the application for my CCAF degree!
Hope everyone’s September is off to a great start! Eyes on the prize for me, as October means we’re in our new home and DH is almost done with training. Plus, FIL and I are escaping to the Vail area for a wedding. Good times!