It’s that time of the month! Check out Wife of a Sailor if you want to get in on the monthly questions!
1. What’s one thing in the past month that you would have changed? May was a pretty good month for us, I can’t say that I’d change anything!
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in May? SO much happened for us in May. Bill finally had his first UTA with the Air Force Reserve, and I was pleased to see things go so well for him. I love seeing him when he’s motivated – he’s getting his ducks in a row and hopefully he’ll ship to tech school soon after this next UTA. We also went on vacation to Durango, which went really well and was much deserved/needed. I won a MilBloggie, can’t forget that! Then I ran my first half marathon (a 2012 goal) and was pleased with my performance. I finished off the month with the end of the school year (the end of my 6th year of teaching), and the beginning of my seasoning training. Long story short, I think my favorite thing was the vacation. I wish DH and I got to do that more often. I was really pleased with our accommodations, and I think that really made the trip.
3. June includes the first day of summer…what are your plans for the summer? My plans are already in action – seasoning training! I’m in the tough part of it right now, because we have an exercise going on at work, so my hours are wonky. [Don’t worry, this is public knowledge, and not an OPSEC violation.] I’ve also been tough at work because I’m in the middle of an endless computer-based training. Once it’s over, I’ll finally get to have my hands-on and do some experiential learning! Other than that, I’m in a wedding this month, so I have all of the build-up for that and then the big day. I’m most excited for my family coming into town this month and getting to spend some quality time with my dad over Father’s Day weekend.
4. Do you use the services on base (gym, financial planning, family services, daycare)? And if so, what’s your favorite one? You bet I do! I use the commissary, BX, education center, and gym. Do I have to have a favorite? They all offer different services and perks. 🙂 I use the commissary the most frequently, and like it when used in conjunction with my coupons. Peterson has a beautiful gym, which I’ll be hitting up every day this summer. I haven’t used our travel and tickets office, but hopefully I’ll have the opportunity soon!
5. What are you looking forward to in June? My dad coming to visit! I found out that I’m going to be able to take off the Friday of the weekend that he’s here, so I’ll be able to take a short road trip with him to Kansas, where my grandma and uncle will be burying my grandpa’s and aunt’s ashes. I’m thankful that I’ll get to spend more than just a day with him here in town. We don’t get to spend quality time together that often, so I’m ecstatic to get some daddy/daughter time.