Time for a blog of a more personal note, with MFF! If you’re a military significant other, check out Wifey’s to get in on the action.
1. What’s the one thing in the past month you would have changed? DH would have sworn into the USAFR already. I don’t talk too much about it on here, but he’s in the process of switching branches from the Army Reserve to the AF Reserve. My recruiting period went pretty smoothly. With him, we’ve had nothing but hold-ups, roadblocks, and other frustrating moments. He’s not nearly as a patient like me, and he’s getting close to being at the end of his rope. This has been nightmarish and could’ve been handled better. I’m afraid he’s going to walk away soon and give up, which I hate to think about. Couple all of that with the fact that he’s missed work to handle this nonsense, and you can imagine the stressors on us as a family, both financially and emotionally. Doesn’t make for a happy home environment.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in March? Probably spring break, even though I was on orders. I was able to be super productive in terms of my education and training, and I learned that I’m half a year away from having my CCAF degree! Selling my bike, albeit emotional, was also a good thing for our finances. Putting a contract in on a short-sale home was a step towards where I’d like to be in my adult life. Crossing our fingers for good things!
3. Check your phone…who was the last person you called and what is your favorite thing about them?
Actually, the last person I called was a student, to check up on her and see if she was disenrolling today. My favorite part about her is her positive attitude and enthusiasm. She’s a California girl too, so we had that in common. I’m going to miss her now that she’s no longer in my class, and I wish her the best!
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why? I love this question as a “getting to know you” question! I used to ask it of students all the time. As much as I don’t want to choose one of my favorite colors, I’m going to! I would be chartreuse – it’s a loud, bright green, with warmth, just like my personality! 🙂 It commands attention. Plus, it’s not easy being green, and I can relate to that.
5. What are you looking forward to in April? I’d like to say DH swearing-in, but I can’t say that with any confidence right now. =/ I’m not looking forward to anything, in particular, this month, sadly. I’m looking forward to this month being over with because I have so much more to look forward to in May! In May we’re going on vacation, I’m running in a half marathon, school ends, and I’m starting seasoning training. Game on!