It’s the first Friday of the month, which means it’s time for some fill-in fun! Head on over toWifey’sif you’re a milspouse (or significant other) and you want to get in on the question and answer action!
1. What is your favorite/most unique anniversary/birthday gift from your spouse? suggested by Bel atBeing a Better Me DH isn’t into holidays, as I’ve mentioned on here before. He doesn’t celebrate them and would rather just blow right by them. He does try to muster up some enthusiasm for my sake, on our anniversary and my birthday. The most creative gift he’s ever given me for our anniversary was a new living room. When does give, he goes all out! It was like an HGTV reveal; I came home one day to an entirely new living room. We hadn’t been talking about replacing our furniture, so it was a complete surprise. He’d picked out a new sectional couch, chair, tables, lamps, a rug, and used our existing decorative pieces to tie it all in. He did an amazing job, I was so proud of him and we actually look like we have an “adult” room that is cohesive in its design.
2. What’s your first thought when you see it’s snowing (or what would you say if you don’t live somewhere with snow? suggested by Poekitten fromMany Waters C’MON SNOW DAY! At least a two hour delay! Ugh, into work I go!
3. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? suggested by Erika fromChambanachik Probably the amount of working out I’ve done versus the amount of crap I’ve eaten. We’ve been doing weekly weigh-ins here at school and I’m not pleased with my numbers today. I’ve been mowing down the Easter candy this week. So much for losing a couple pounds for this banquet… On the plus side, I done two long distance runs, my longest ever!
4. What was your favorite thing that happened in February? This has been such a busy month, it’s hard for me to remember any big moments. My favorite thing has probably being seeing my website take off in such positive ways. It’s a big motivator for me right now, and I feel out of sorts on the days when I’m not blogging.
5. What are you looking forward to in March? My first semi-formal banquet for the Air Force is tomorrow, and I’ve been looking forward to that for a while. Pictures to come! I need to force myself to remember to exercise that camera, rather than just bring it and leave it in my purse all night, which is typical of me. I’m also looking forward to paying off one of our credit cards this month, with all of the money I’ve been bringing in from UTAs (drill weekends) and AT days (annual tour). I’d say I was looking forward to spring break at the end of the month, but I’m on AT orders then as well. Guess that means no wild week in Mexico for me, drat! 🙂
I’m a 31 year old Navy sister, Army wife - Air Force wife to a prior service Marine/Soldier, and an Air Force Reservist. I am a happy wife and mother. My husband switched branches and joined me in the Air Force Reserve. We look forward to a future of dual military service!