I got hit by my girls Erinn and Janna to do this Q&A meme. Apparently they knew my Friday nights didn’t consist of much. 😉 The rules are as follows:
1. You must post the rules. (and link up who tagged you)
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag however many people you want (Janna’s says 11 people, but I’m going with Erinn’s rules!)
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
11 Facts About Me
1. My closet is organized by color order – white, pink, coral, red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, purple, brown, grey, black. Within each color area, it’s by sleeve length – sleeveless, cap, short, 3/4, long. Yes, I even have DH’s closet organized in a similar manner.
2. I’ve never owned a dog and I haven’t had a pet since 2003. I miss the companionship, don’t miss the expense or the hair (or the smell, for that matter).
3. I was raised on Diet Coke, so I can’t drink regular Coke – I can taste the sugar in it. Coke Zero is not a good alternative either.
4. I’ve only had my eyebrows waxed (or professionally groomed) one time in my life. I’ve maintained them ever since. I’m an obsessive plucker.
5. I can’t justify expensive purses or manis/pedis. I use the same purse regardless of most day-to-day outfits for months to a year before I buy a new one. Haven’t had a mani/pedi in ages. I can, however, justify expensive makeup.
6. Teaching runs in my family – mom, 2/3 of my grandmas, numerous aunts, etc. I initially started off with another life plan, but my family smacked some sense into me when I changed majors. I love it, I really do! I love showing my students an honest, loving support system!
7. I never liked math growing up, but it came fairly easy to me. I wasn’t particularly motivated in my trig/math analysis class, and remember some “liberal study methods” amongst a large group of my friends. Change of heart, just like my mom and her science teaching!
8. I can’t take baths. I don’t have the patience for them. I only recently (within the last year or so) starting being able to use shower gel over bar soap. Call me a traditionalist!
9. I never owned an American Girl doll (a pricier gift than what I used to get as a child), but I used to lust after them. I did get all of the books! I used to write down everything that I wanted and total it all up, trying to think of how many months of allowance ($20/mo) it would take me. I never bought one.
10. One of my favorite meals/cravings is a Costco hotdog with a Diet Coke. I typically get them plain, just so I can enjoy the taste of the beef.
11. DH’s entry about me: When I sleep, I snort, twitch, and make little squeaks/puppy noises. He thinks it’s cute.
1. What does your most favorite picture you are in look like? Hmm…one of my favorites was the photo that was snapped when my DH came home on deployment. It’s just an amazing shot, perfectly capturing the moment. Check it out, it’s floating around here on the blog. 😉
2. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? A bird! So I can fly far, far, far away! Hey, I could be a penguin and have the best of both worlds (except the flying aspect).
3. Where is the best place you have ever been? On vacation? I love my Mazatlan, MX, although I have a soft spot for Colorado’s western slope.
4. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of time, what would it be? “The Unsinkable Molly Brown.”
5. What is your favorite song of the moment? Hmm, good question! Normally I can tell you, no problem, but I haven’t been rocking out to the jams lately. I’ve been enjoying some older tunes recently, like Billy Ocean’s “Get Out of My Dreams.”
6. Are you phobic of anything? Nothing that I know of, off the top of my head.
7. What is your favorite gadget? Electronic or kitchen? I love my iPad and in the kitchen I use the hell out of my slow cooker.
8. What is one thing you know more about then your friends or family? Special education, clearly. 🙂
9. What is your favorite weird food combination? I’m a pretty straightforward eater, although sometimes I have cravings for pancakes and cheese sticks when at a diner. As for combos together, probably chicken and waffles.
10. Why did you start your blog? I wanted a milspouse blog, after being inspired by others, and with the desire to share our story of going from AD to reserve and the challenges associated with it. It evolved into a blog dominated by my own service.
11. Valentines day: for it or against it and why? We’re largely against. I love the cutesy stuff, like candy hearts in my dishes and a fun care package, but DH and I don’t celebrate it. He’s not into holidays to being with, and I’m not a fan of overpriced dinner menus based upon a calendar date. Besides, he bought me new (ABU) boots today, so I’m a happy camper. <3
1. Where were you born? SoCal! I’m going to keep the specific city off the blog, for PERSEC reasons. California, born and raised!
2. Who influenced you the most as a child? Without a doubt, my mother. 3. Is there any significance to your name? Nope, my parents just liked it.
4. What’s your pet-peeve? How much time do you have to read this? Bad tippers, bad manners, poor grammar/spelling (especially in a professional/business setting), when people don’t close doors or cabinets, I could go on…
5. What is your favorite color? Chartreuse and Coral
6. What song inspires you the most? Travis Tritt “I’m Going To Be Somebody” or Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band “Dream Big.”
7. What is your favorite book? My standard response has been Lynn Peril’s “Pink Think,” which is a historical analysis of gender. It’s a very fun book, especially if you’re into the mid-century time period and it’s an accessible book for those that may be reluctant to visit the “Women’s Studies” section of the bookstore.
8. What is your best piece of advice about blogging? I don’t think I’ve been doing this long enough or that I have enough readers to tell others what to do. How about, “Don’t put an automatic music player on your blog?” Folks don’t like that, although with a feed reader, you don’t have to bother with it.
9. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Either getting close to finishing up my Ph.D. or doing another 4 year tour as an MTI.
10. What makes you, you? Always striving for excellence, yet not taking myself too seriously! Positivity!
11. Do you like me? Circle: (Yes) No
My Tagged Friends!
1. Megan @ Megan Dub-Yuh 2. Meggie @ City Girl, Country Heart
3. Jenna Lou @ Mrs. Jenna Lou 4. Sarah @ Adventures in Life 5. Taryn @ Iron & Wine Beneath 6. Mrs. Duh @ The Misadventures of Mrs. Duh
My Questions for Tagged Friends
1. What’s the best season/holiday for candy? What’s your favorite seasonal candy purchase?
2. Fill in the blank: “If you go down to the woods today, ____________________________.”
3. What cartoon character has a personality that is closest to yours?
4. TV series box sets – Waste of money, or do you actually watch the episodes again?
5. Tell me about your most memorable road trip!
6. How do you feel about the statement, “I married my best friend?”
7. Tell me about the most influential/inspirational hostess you’ve ever known.
8. If you could only eat at one fast food chain restaurant for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
9. Ice cream or froyo?
10. Imagine yourself in the following Snoop Dogg video. What kind of dog would you morph into?
11. How are you doing on those new year’s resolutions so far?
I’m a 31 year old Navy sister, Army wife - Air Force wife to a prior service Marine/Soldier, and an Air Force Reservist. I am a happy wife and mother. My husband switched branches and joined me in the Air Force Reserve. We look forward to a future of dual military service!