Head over to Nicole’s at Flip Flops and Combat Boots to get in on this weekly meme! This week’s words are:
1. Beingpatienthas paid off, as DH has finally been given the opportunity to do multiple schools on active duty status, which means active duty pay! 🙂 All of those times we scrimped and stayed at home to save money have paid off, because we’llfinallyget to have date night tomorrow! We haven’t had an outing as a couple since I’ve been here in late June. We’re probably heading to the movies toTrue Grit, since DH loves westerns.
2. I amjoyfulthat tomorrow is Friday and I have nothing planned for the weekend! I really need to get active again this weekend, since I’ve been slacking. Now that I have an actual date for BMT, the heat is on to get in shape.
3. There is nothing moremarvelousthan my new Guerlain Blush G Serie Noire that arrived today! Stepping up to the next level of high end cosmetics is quite the experience. Just swatching the product was gasp-inducing, as the powder is so finely milled. I’m super pleased with this purchase, and it was worth the wait!
Quick swatch pic I took with my BlackBerry
4. I am sogratefulto be happy and healthy, to have passed through MEPS without any issues, and to have found a job within the Air Force Reserve this week. I am eager to do my face-to-face interview with my receiving unit and dazzle them with my competence and sparkling personality. 🙂
5. The taste of achieving a goal is downrightwonderful. I swear in on Monday, and I can’t tell you how proud I feel right now, let alone how I’ll feel while taking my enlistment oath. The dream of serving my country is finally coming true and I will be proud to stand amongst those who have also made that commitment.
I’m a 31 year old Navy sister, Army wife - Air Force wife to a prior service Marine/Soldier, and an Air Force Reservist. I am a happy wife and mother. My husband switched branches and joined me in the Air Force Reserve. We look forward to a future of dual military service!