Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a UTA this weekend and my commissioning package due by the close of business (COB) on Sunday, so it’s going to be busy like usual, but DH comes home on Saturday! I’m eager to have my partner back in town, especially since he hasn’t seen the new house since all of the remodels and closing has happened.
It’s time for MilSpouse (First) Friday Fill-In with Wife of a Sailor! I’m in a particularly cheerful mood since it’s Friday and DH comes home tomorrow! Yay! Let’s do this!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? It’s been a busy month, with a number of IEP meetings, preparing to leave my students for nine days, the ORI, and three weekends in a row (including this weekend) of military duty! We were also unpacking and had remodels going on. All of that being said, I wished I would’ve kept up my running schedule more. Despite being pregnant, I don’t like being inactive, especially since I’ll still have to get in shape after the baby for my next PT test. I don’t want to completely let myself go and make it more difficult for myself later.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in October? I really enjoyed the time I spent with my AF family during the ORI! We made many happy trips to McDonald’s and enjoyed lots of fun moments during our time there. I got to know one of the newer Personnelists really well, and always enjoy making new connections and friendships. I also enjoyed the amazing new sonograms of mini-muffin that I got at my last doctor’s appointment! Can’t wait for DH to attend the next doctor’s appointment with me!
3. What dish makes the Thanksgiving holiday for you? (Bonus points if you share the recipe) Pumpkin Dessert Squares from Williams-Sonoma! When I used to work there, we would make these with the pumpkin butter we sold. Alternately, you can use cranberry relish instead of pumpkin butter and they turn out divine! I’d even be willing to bet that apple butter would be another option for you. Super easy, super delicious! Thankfully, I found the recipe online. I’d seen a jar of pumpkin butter at the commissary a few weeks back and snatched it up, because the W-S is far from my home and theirs tends to be pricier (that goes without saying). I really need to make a batch soon. I don’t know if I can last until Thanksgiving without making some!
4. Will you be participating in the MilSpouse Secret Santa? Alas, no, I tend to be a party pooper. This is the first year (unlike the last two) where we can afford to start buying gifts for family members again, so I think that’s going to be my first priority. The last few Christmases have been rough for us.
5. What are you looking forward to in December? I wish I could say the family trip to Mexico for the holidays, but that’s not likely to happen this year because of DH’s training schedule and the fact that we both would have to get command permission to travel there. I’m looking forward to volunteering at NORAD Tracks Santa again and having time off to relax and enjoy my new home! I’m really looking forward to decorating in our new home. I’ve been ready for that since before Halloween!