Things have calmed down a bit, so here I go, joining in on the MFF fun! Head to Wifey’s to get in on the action.
1. My favorite song of the season is Wham! “Last Christmas.” Seriously, best song ever! I’m also a big fan of “Christmas Shoes” because it makes me cry and reminds me of my mom, and the Love Actually version of “All I Want For Christmas Is You.”
2. My mom is someone who inspires me because she was a remarkable woman. She was an amazing teacher who touched everyone who walked into her classroom. She balanced being a mother and having a career effortlessly. She was fun, classy, and respected. I tell people she was “like me times ten,” but maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part. 😉
3. If I had $100,000 to give to a charity, I’d give it to Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, Wreaths Across America, and the USO.
4. If I had a theme party, I’d make it a 70’s/80’s roller skating party! Trinnie and I have been wanting to have one forever now. Our DJ would be spinning nothing but the jams, and you’d better come in period costume!
5. If I had one wish for my kids/future kids/some young person I care about, it would be that they set high expectations for themselves and never falter in their drive to achieve and pursue their passions.
I’m a 31 year old Navy sister, Army wife - Air Force wife to a prior service Marine/Soldier, and an Air Force Reservist. I am a happy wife and mother. My husband switched branches and joined me in the Air Force Reserve. We look forward to a future of dual military service!