1. I always feel like I’m 30 years old, but in reality, I’m 30 years old. Let me be the first person to tell you to stop dreading 30! I’d much rather be 30 than be in my 20s again. I am proud of my achievements and how I’ve grown over that last decade.
2. I wish my family understood better when I tell them we’re not doing so great right now. On the flip side, I’m not one who looks for handouts and we never grew up asking for money, so they don’t really need to know the nitty gritty.
3. If you saw me when I put on makeup (out of my 10 drawer standing unit), you’d think I was a total girly-girl, but if you saw me when I’m grocery shopping or lounging around the house on the weekend, you’d think I was a tomboy through-and-through.
4. I feel like I’m in a totally different universe when I’m with people whose lifestyles/current priorities are drastically different than my own. Vague answer, I know, but what springs to mind are large groups of pregnant women/baby showers or this summer when I was hanging out with groups of single folks in their early 20s. Odd woman out, indeed.
5. In honor of this being MFF #60… 60 months ago (exactly 5 years, so September 30, 2006) I lived in Tustin, CA and my life was totally different because I had just started my first real teaching job, DH and I had been together for almost a year, and he hadn’t joined the Army yet. Oh how things change when you throw the military in there! We are worlds away from 5 years ago! I’m in my 6th year of teaching and now I’m in the military!