I can’t say that this happens regularly, but this Saturday feels like a Sunday. I’m already dreading the impending return to the grind. Luckily, it has been a fairly productive day for me. Sespi and I had a good talk about that earlier…
I’m one of those people who judges my days based on my productivity. A good day for me balances down time (sleeping in, taking a nap, watching a favorite show, playing on my comp) and getting a lot done. I was eager for spring break because it meant that I’d have time at home to get something done around the house. After a full week at work, I don’t tend to make a lot of progress on the weekend, which has been been upsetting lately. I had co-workers that were heading off to exotic vacations, and as much as I lust for one of those, I hate returning from a vacation and plunging headfirst into work.
So, let me do a feel-good list of all of the things that I’ve accomplished over the break!
- Got my POAs (Power of Attorney for my non-mil folk out there) for DH and Trinnie (she’s my back-up).
- Created a 46+ slide PowerPoint presentation for DH, with step-by-step instructions on how to pay all of our bills. Yes, he really does need this.
- Created a calendar for DH of all of the approximate bill due dates.
- Revamped the blog.
- Washed my car.
- Vacuumed my car and threw out trash and needless items (like those electronic chargers for items I don’t own anymore).
- Re-organized my dresser drawers and hanging clothes. Put all folded clothes in there proper place, e.g., not on the bedroom floor around my vanity.
- Eliminated clothing items that don’t fit, putting them in a box for my school’s clothing drive. Took box of clothes to school for donation.
- Cleaned the master bathroom.
- Tidied up DH’s daughter’s future room. I use it for the packaging of sold Etsy items.
- Found a lesson planning calendar for next year. Wrote down all of the calendar days, determining how many days I actually have to plan for. Began writing down plans for first day of school.
- Finalized packing for BMT, including my important documents folder. Made photocopies of important documents to keep at home.
- Picked up prescriptions for glasses and contacts, since this website told me to bring them to BMT with me.
- Worked out consistently, alternating run days and pushup/sit-up days. On Monday I start Week 3 of the hundred pushups and two hundred sit-ups programs.
- Finally purchased Tricare Reserve Select insurance for DH’s daughter (actually, the family plan) and United Concordia dental plan for reservists. [MUCH more on this later!]