|Do you hear the angels singing? Because they are!|
It isn’t often that I really miss things about home. I’m pretty good about adapting to new environments and “blooming where I’ve been planted.” Coming to Colorado from Fayetteville was a big step in the right direction, since it has more resources [read: my favorite stores]. Unfortunately, Trader Joe’s hasn’t made it to Colorado yet, due to issues with suppliers and liquor laws. I got used to not having a TJs when I lived in NC (the Raleigh one is a long drive), but trust me, it’s not by choice.
When I live in proximity to a TJs, I do all of my shopping there, aside from a name brand item or two that DH requests. The pricing is great, since they have house labels on most items. Here’s some of my must-haves that I picked up tonight:
- Spanish Olive Oil – This stuff has a better flavor than the Italian stuff to me. Working at Williams-Sonoma, I got to sample a lot of premium olive oils. I preferred Spanish because the flavor is more buttery and less grassy than the Italian varieties.
- Basmati Rice – I think basmati has a much better taste than Jasmine rice. I picked up two bags tonight.
- Bar Soaps – I tend to prefer bar soaps over shower gels, and I like splurging on a nice soap. I buy the TJs Tea Tree Oil, Oatmeal and Honey, Exfoliating Oatmeal, Green Tea, and Lavender soaps. These will last me for a while, thankfully!
- Caramel Corn – TJs makes a fat free caramel corn that’s to die for! Yummy snacking!
- Stilton with Apricots – One of my favorite cheeses. This is absolutely amazing on Wheat Thins. I bought this even though I’ll have to finish it before I leave.
- Advent calendar – Despite the fact that I can get these sorts of calendars at the commissary, I grew up on this calendar. I used to pop the piece of chocolate in my mouth while I got ready for school in the morning.
- Peppermint Joe’s Joes – Imagine an Oreo cookie with peppermint filling, as well as candy cane pieces in it. Um, yum!
- Peppermint hot chocolate – For FIL and I, since we enjoy a good cup of hot chocolate together!
- Gingerbread men – These are on the harder side, so they’re awesome to break off a limb and just let it melt in your mouth.
- Dark chocolate stars – Little star-shaped cookies dipped in chocolate and those little white nonpareils. Please and thank you!
- Peppermint Whoopie Pies – Seriously, if you don’t hear the angels singing now, you’re not listening hard enough.